The number of students who aspire to study abroad is increasing with years. There are various exams available to gain admission into a university abroad.
Some popular exams taken by students are:
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is an English language exam for International students who wish to stay/study in a country where English is the main language of communication.
- Eligibility for IELTS Exam:
Any student above the age of 16 years can give IELTS exam.
The fee to take this exam is around INR 11,300.
- IELTS Exam Score Validity:
The exam score is valid for upto 2 years and the exam can be attempted multiple times. You can take the exam once a week (four times a month).
- Types of Colleges that accept IELTS:
IELTS scores are accepted by various universities generally in UK, Australia and New Zealand.
You can register online on the official website: Click to register for IELTS Exam
- Find an IELTS test location near to you.
- Download an application form to print, complete and submit to your local test center. Provide a copy of your identification document which you’ll need to present later on the day of the test.
- Once the registration is processed successfully, you’ll receive a written confirmation of the date and time of the test which you’ll need to bring on the test day.
Top Institutes for IELTS:
- British Council
- Manya Abroad
- Fateh Education
- Camford Academy
- IELTS Academy
- Career Makers
- Manjooran’s Group
What can you do after giving such exams?
Millions of people across the globe write these tests every year. While most people prefer to pursue education after these exams, a few people use them for other purposes like:
- English-language learning program admissions
- Scholarship and certification candidates
- English-language learners who want to track their progress
- Students and workers applying for visas
Indian students majorly prefer five countries for education—the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada and New Zealand but now China and Germany are slowly emerging as new destinations for Indian students heading abroad.
As per a study conducted by Economic Times: Between the top 2 favoured destinations in 2016-17, close to 1.86 lakh students got enrolled in US campuses as compared to 1 lakh in Canada. One of the important attractions of Canada for students is the fact it is 30-40% cheaper the US, even at top universities and colleges.
Some rising favorites among the Indian population include:
- New Zealand
The above stated countries are some of the safest countries in the world with great lifestyles, and populations less dense than most other countries. They also house some of the best universities in the world attracting not only immigrants, but also students.
Check out other insititutes for IELTS Preparation in your area here.