Ethical Hacking is the process of getting into someone's computer system, network, applicationor other computing resource with the permission of its owners. The term 'Ethical' refers to the finding of vulnerabilities or weakness in one's application/computer/resources/network so that it can be safeguarded from malicious attacks or malwares. Ethical hacker breaks into the systems legally and ethically. Hence, it is also known as white hat hacking whereas hacking with a malicious intent is known as black hat hacking.
With the increased penetration of internet and striking increase in usage of digital medium across the nation, more and more people are adopting this medium for digital transactions as well. With financial transactions crossing 200 bn INR per month, it is all the more imperative to have a reliable digital interface for the people. Therefore, the need of ethical hacker is like never before.
- Bachelor’s in computer science/an IT graduate
- As per the EC-Council (International Council of Electronic Commerce Consultants), the eligibility criteria is 10+2 pass candidate from a recognized board.
Duration of Ethical Hacking course
2 to 9 months of duration
Fees of Ethical Hacking course
Check the fees here
Top Institutes in India
- K-Secure IT Security Services, Mumbai
- Ankit Fadia Certified Ethical Hacking Course (multiple centres)
- Indian School of Ethical Hacking, Kolkata
- Institute of Information Security, Mumbai, Chandigarh
- Appin Technology Lab, Delhi (multiple centres)
- Koenig Solutions, Delhi
- Cryptus Cyber Security Pvt. Ltd. (multiple centres)
- Lucideus, Delhi
- Pristine Infosolutions, Mumbai
- Macksofy Technologies, Mumbai
The salary for a normal ethical hacker depends on his/her skills and experience. It normally varies from Rs. 3 lakhs per annum to Rs. 6 lakhs per annum.